Workshop Registration Deposit
This deposit will secure your registration for the upcoming workshop in Santa Fe. Balance due to be paid no later than one week prior to the start date.
Hollow-Built Figurative Sculpting Workshop
June 20 - 24, 2022 in Santa Fe, NM
$850, $75 discount for registration with payment in full
Class size is limited to allow for maximum one-on-one interaction.
Sunday evening Welcome Meet and Greet at the Poole Studio
9 am - 5, M T TH F with lunch break each day
Wed 8:30 - 2, afternoon open for optional Santa Fe gallery hopping with Kristine
Snacks, coffee and tea will be available
Experience levels: Intermediate/ some clay experience necessary.
In this workshop, participants will learn techniques for hollow building a 1/2 - 3/4 scale full figure in water-based clay. Daily demonstrations will be detailed but efficient to allow for and for as much time as possible for one-on-one interaction and technical assistance as well as providing adequate time for participants to work on their own sculptures.
We will cover:
• creating quick clay sketches (plus the reasons to do so)
• slab and coil construction
• use of internal and external supports
• fundamental anatomy on a “need-to-know” basis
• addressing proportion issues effectively
• working with photographic reference
• tools for building large (participants will also have an opportunity to try various tools I prefer for various stages in the process)
• demonstrations on construction, refinement, finishing techniques, as much as time allows
Fee includes Sunday evening Meet and Greet at the Poole Studio, workshop instruction and studio space, materials, model reference, optional early morning sessions on topics of interest to sculptors, optional gallery hop afternoon in Santa Fe, optional evening work session, optional firing. Shipping of fired work would be a separate charge with fee to be determined post-workshop, pre-firing.
Details and Logistics:
A deposit is required to register. Participants who register with payment in full will receive a $75 discount.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the item list and select from Workshop Registration with Deposit or Workshop Registration with Payment in Full for the discount.
2. Add to cart and checkout.
3. Be sure to include your email address. I will contact you with further details, including recommended tool list, workshop details, Meet and Greet details and to fill out a Registration form.
4. If workshop fee is not initially paid in full, the balance must be paid within one week of the start date.
Participants should plan to bring some of their preferred sculpting tools to the workshop with them. Clay will be provided. Some community tools will be available.
More information on Sunday Meet and Greet, Workshop will be provided after registration.
For participation, a Covid 19 Vaccination Certificate is required. We ask that participants comply with the simple precautions we’re all familiar with. Masks are optional.
If we cannot hold the course due to unforeseen events beyond our control:
New Mexico has been experiencing a particularly severe wildfire season. Throughout, Santa Fe has been in no danger. If this status changes and it becomes necessary to cancel the workshop, registrants will be notified as early as possible and all registration monies will be returned.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns. Thanks so much and I look forward to sculpting with you!